Thread: Fundamentalism
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #1574
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Fundamentalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
And that's so like the local church it creeps me out, and makes the hair on the nap of my neck stand up ; and makes me run.
If you pay the extra 3 bucks or so, the gal at Supercuts will take care of that hair on your neck. It's probably only 2 bucks where you live.

Quote:
And for the record, just because I'm not a fundamentalist doesn't mean I don't love 'em. I love my fundamentalist family members dearly. And they loves me back. We have an understanding.
Where is Igzy's and my understanding and love? I'm jealous of your fundy family members. I thought we had a good thing going too. But, I'm an old guy, I should have known...Love and understanding is a fickle thing. Oh well. Love is a many splendored thing, isn't it.

Quote:
Love's such a wondrous thing.
Opps, I meant wondrous thing!

Quote:
Wish Jesus had been able to make a major historical paradigm love shift in humankind.
Actually he did. It's called the Cross. It was the ultimate expression of love by God, which in reality was a major historical paradigm love shift in humankind. But since God did not create robots, God is not forcing us to believe in this paradigm love shift. We have to exercise some FAITH.

Quote:
I'd like the earth to be like heaven. But doctrine, dogma, and systematized religion isn't gonna get us there, or any closer ... or certainly hasn't so far.
No, doctrine, dogma and systematized religion isn't gonna get us there or any closer. Thankfully, God does't give a hoot about any of these. In fact, when he sent his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, he proved that he doesn't care for any of this. This is why Jesus was opposed to, and got in the face of all those doctrinaire, dogmatic and systematic people of his day.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote