Thread: Modalism
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #60
Ohio

Default Re: Modalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
All this is not to convince or sway anyone, but to say that it is not as self-evident as Raptor implies, in his questions on the Holy Spirit. There are simply too many other verses that, using the same associative rules he's using to "show" his proffered reality, indicate other things. And I think everyone has the right to say that. WL tried to belittle anyone that dared think otherwise from his "truths" and I'm not saying Raptor does also, but his style is reminiscent. It's perfunctorily dismissive of other possibilities when they're right there in the text, should one care to look. I'm just saying that a little circumspection is in order here; a little circumspection and curiosity.
Aron, your points are interesting and totally seem to support my own. They seem to support Raptor's point of view also, but I'll him him speak for himself. You continue to introduce complications to the fixed paradigm of "3 Persons in the Godhead." The more you post, the more that structure is shattered, and the more complex our God is. Even the most elementary seeker would agree. How could we ever compile all relevant scripture and then devise some simplistic "3 Persons" cardboard box for God to inhabit? Makes no sense! The Bible never uses the word "Three" in connection with God, rather only "One" or even "Seven" would be suitable.

I agree that we need to keep seeking, keep digging, keep knocking. I expect we will do this for eternity. And keep all the "complications" coming. We have not yet begun to ask whether Jehovah is the Father or the Son? Is Elohim the Father and the Son?

Which brings us back to the absurdity of saying that there are "3 Persons in the Godhead." If we had ONLY a couple dozen verses concerning God, like e.g. 2 Cor 13.14, or when Jesus was baptized, then we might concoct the ancient "3 Persons" formula, but when we add in the hundreds and even thousands of other verses in the Bible, many which you have introduced, then that old description of God must be tossed in the trash heap of antiquity.

Don't you agree?