View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:50 AM   #5863
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
On a different note, I have lately been pricked a little concerning my thoughts toward Trump and the chaos that follows in his wake. That does not mean I think my considerations of his positions and even person are not justified. But I have been holding an unhealthy animosity toward him that should not be.

This is my confession of sins "one to another" on the subject. I have resolved let the Spirit lead me away from that.
Amen bro. I had that sort of thing going on in me during the Clinton and Obama administrations and after Obama was elected the 2nd time, many of us could just not believe it and I went into something of a tailspin. This showed me that I was putting my trust in man! And then there was some sharing that I got light from, concerning praying for our presidents. My darkness was exposed and I changed my thinking. They are all just fallen men, and need our prayers. My unhealthy addiction to keeping an overly close eye on all things political was also exposed. These days I focus much, much less on such things, and pray for the whole mess more.

I also remember a brother then, who was so anti-Obama and very vocal about it, and he couldn't hardly accept that he should pray for him in any way (other than Obama should fail). It became very apparent that this was something not of the Lord in him (and the rest of us).