View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 07:08 AM   #965
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
But even if it wasn't fraught with fraud, HERn's point remains. Lee promised that God would bless the endeavour with positive cash flow, and it was instead financial disaster. "God blew on it", I heard several LC'ers remark. Why did God blow on the vision of "the apostle of the age", to have it fall with a crash, as in Jesus' parable (Matt 7:24-27)?
Agreed.

In those early days in Ohio, whenever catching wind of the Daystar fiasco, I would hear about the Oil Embargo. It affected everyone, so it was a convenient blame.

I knew nothing about the entire episode, yet I was filled with falsehoods in its aftermath. Brothers today still believe that every "investor" was reimbursed. Lee was portrayed as a persecuted victim of OPEC. No one discussed illegalities or a golden parachute for the Lee family.

TC always ensured that the Midwest maintained a pristine image of Lee. Why would he do that? If the leader was never held accountable, what would that do to the entire LC movement? TC always presented himself as a more spiritual and more faithful supporter of WL than any of those WL surrounded himself with. Looking back, it was a failed strategy. It protected the guilty, and threw the innocent under the motorhome.