View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 06:03 AM   #25
aron

Default Re: Why don't Local Church Members Post Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
My observation of this forum so far, is that it is great to be able to share and discuss in a relatively safe environment.
I hope it always stays that way. The world needs safe places where people feel welcome to be themselves. All people. We may not agree on all things, but we have a lot in common. That's why I try to acknowledge the occasionally rancorous tone of my postings. I write because I enjoy writing. But if others don't enjoy reading it, then I'm being rather selfish, no? This is a great place to treat others' ideas with the respect that you'd hope they would have for yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
My other observation as a local church member, is that I have never discussed about Lee/Nee as much in my local church, as I have here.
The reason for that is that one doesn't discuss the Ascended Master. He's off limits. Even when he's wrong, he's right. So don't bother to examine him. Just focus on Christ. Right?

Unfortunately the 'Christ' you focus on is filtered through this quite-human ministry, with all its attendant, unexamined quirks and foibles, and therefore this 'Christ' often looks little like the one plainly seen in scriptures. The Bible says that many Christs have come into this world, and not all of them are good, or true.

So we should prove all things, especially ministries which make exaggerated and lofty claims for themselves. You know, the Seer of the Divine Revelation, the One Trumpet, God's Oracle, stuff like that.