Thread: Eldership
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 04:21 AM   #96
YP0534

Default Re: The tone of aron's posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
But all this, I fear, may be distracting from a perfectly reasonable discussion Peter D. & YP & others may have been having about eldership, with the apostle Paul & his experiences in Acts, plus his epistles. I had interjected my point on John simply to say that the Titus/Timothy quotes of Paul on eldership were not the only thing germane to the discussion. But as usual, I make my points by going overboard.
I read all the new posts (at least, on the threads I'm interested in reading) and if there's cross-talk or overlapping dialog between threads I don't think that's a harm. And if the topic of "eldership" properly needs to be subsumed in a larger examination, I doubt Peter will weep at the demise of his worthy thread. To the extent that this topic arises again elsewhere, we can endeavor to bring it back as appropriate and we can even work in parallel on two threads if it works out that way. Perhaps "eldership" was just "Chapter One" and "ekklesia" needs to be "Chapter Two."

You worry too much, aron.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote