Thread: Brainwashing
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #35
aron

Default Re: Brainwashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Claims of brainwashing have been tried before against cults such as Scientology but has never stuck because there is no proof that brainwashing is real.

Scientifically speaking, brainwashing doesn't exist or cannot be proven. That's the official position of the APA, after many failed attempts to try and prove it is possible.

Probably the most brainwashing is in the actual belief that one can be brainwashed.
I like OBW's quote: "Nobody can convince me that I've been brainwashed!" But if you don't get it, sorry.

Something caused over 700 people to commit suicide in Guyana via poisoned kool-aid. Something caused people to give Moses Berg their children as sexual prey. Same with the Warren Jeffs group.

What causes people to abase themselves before others - is it to participate in the ecstasy of their self-exaltation?

And why do the Chinese fall so hard, here? I wonder if it's the combination of a desire for stabity, order, and structure which leads to exaltation of men (and women), combined with a negation of the individual for the common good.