View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #19
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I feel very strongly that I must come back in and ask forgiveness for quoting the phrase "lite gospel" and even agreeing with it to an extent. I have been strongly convicted since writing this that it is NEVER a "lite gospel" that turns a lost person away from an unending eternity in Hell to an unending JOYFUL eternity with Christ!
I have heard similar comments such as yours from those who have spent time in the Recovery. It is just amazing how quickly we Christians get carried off by "impressive messages and high-peak displays of wisdom." (I Cor. 2.1) We love our arousing displays of esoteric doctrines, even when they are dismally void of love and assault the greater body of Christ with ignoble stereotypes and condemnations.

Reminds me of the wife of an aging married couple, after years of therapy and with any vestige of love long forgotten, chiding her weary husband with "counselese" talk such as, "when you continue to violate these long established boundaries, I have no choice but to express how you make me feel when you do that thing you do ... " When love was present, a simple "I'm sorry" would have been more than sufficient.

Likewise with the leadership in the Recovery. I have always been amazed by the brilliant insights from Old Testament shadows which got resurrected and recovered by the LSM wordsmiths just in time to inoculate the saints during their latest round of quarantines. Afaithfulworddotcom is filled with such endless displays of fleshly wisdom totally void of love.

Since leaving the Recovery, I am definitely more attuned to the anointed word rather than the so-called interpreted word. The anointed word, even the simplest message of God's saving love, has the reality of the Spirit of God. That's what this world needs. And that's what builds up. Excellent words of knowledge, however, only puff up.