View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #394
Cal

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Sorry, went off topic there, that gets into the ground rather than the publication....it's all connected but I'll stop there.
The one publication is just another symptom of an extremely warped attitude.

The staunch LCers are convinced they are right. You are not going to change their minds. But your happiness or freedom should not depend on that.

I understand your frustration at wasted time. But don't waste more time trying to figure out why other people are crazy, you have enough on your plate just managing your own life. At some point you have to say "Thanks, but this is not for me," and move on. Church membership is NOT like a marriage. If our consciences are offended, we CAN vote with our feet. The LC has NO monopoly on anything. Either you believe that, or you don't. And if you don't, move on.

The bottom line is that the rest of your life starts today. I realize that separating from such a long commitment is not easy, and that you need a process of talking things out and working through it, and this board is great for that.

But you must realize you are not going to reform the LC. And for some questions you are not going to get answers for a long time. Don't waste more time in a whirlpool. By all means take advantage of these board discussions to work through things, but realize that the important thing now is fixing your life, not the LC. Take positive steps for the time you have remaining, and like the Lord did, leave their "house" to them and move on.

You might start by changing your name from "Trapped" to "Freed." Because if you believe you are trapped, you are. And if you believe you are free, you are.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote