View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #86
byHismercy

Default Re: 1,000 Years of Outer Darkness

Hi saints,

I have not further studied Timothy or Revelation, but when I went to bed the other night, this is the word the Lord gave me.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say to you, He that hears My word, and believes on Him that sent Me, has everlasting life, and SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION; but is passed from death to life.

I put a lot of stock and faith into this when I, seeking the answer to this question, flip open the bible and this is the first thing He shows me.

(I'm not sure why the first he is capitalized in this verse in my translation, it's a KJVER. It seems like a typo. I would think the Lord is speaking about the believers, and should not be capitalized. In this passage the Lord Jesus was addressing Jews who were seeking to slay Him.)

So if I could, I would love to direct some of this conversation back to my original question regarding 1,000 years outer darkness. Where specifically in scripture was this doctrine taken from? Or was it cobbled together from many places? This doctrine of a place of punishment for believers, I mean. When I search with Google I come up empty, on this topic.

I remember one sister told me that when we stand before the Lord, there will be judgment of our faith and works and divers rewards bestowed. This came from one who then turned all the things she had taught me and proved she didn't actually believe them with the shunning. So I don't think I can trust anything she shared, anymore.
byHismercy is offline   Reply With Quote