View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #116
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That Jesus, the one in Revelation, is judging, condemning, and hates some things and commends His followers who hate the same things. He condemns things in the churches. Is His condemning and hatred incompatible with love one another? incompatible with judge not? No, it is not. Does He intimate any concept close to "live and let live"? No, He does not. Does He condemn the worship of Beyonce under the banner of Christian worship? I'm certain He does. Appealing to the Jesus in the gospels while evaluating the matters He judges as the High Priest, matters that He explicitly states we are to heed, is missing the whole point of Revelation 2 & 3.

Thanks for sharing.

Drake
These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, he that walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks: 2 I know thy works, and thy toil and patience, and that thou canst not bear evil men, and didst try them that call themselves apostles, and they are not, and didst find them false;

I suppose this whole Beyonce thing could conceivably fall under “try them that call themselves apostles, and they are not and didst find them false”. Perhaps it is akin to the picture kindergarten books we use to teach kids to read, the simplest level of a false apostle used to train baby Christians.

But I fear the “leaving your first love” refers to leaving the Jesus of the gospels who came not to condemn but to give life. This is the narrow way that leads to life, we are very strict with ourselves, but lenient towards others. How do you identify the false apostles without leaving the example set by the Lord Jesus? Are you ascribing all glory, honor and power to Jesus? Or are you trying to keep the ark of the covenant from falling like Uzzah?