View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #6
aron

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Reading thru this family's story, I continually oscillated between sad and mad. I was active in the Ohio area LC's from mid-70's to the mid-00's, and what I read in their account was for the most part different than anything I had ever seen.
It resonated strongly with me. Especially the part about identifying fear as the controlling force. The LC leadership uses intimidation. They have the freedom to speak horrible things from the podium and nobody can say a word. Because the audience is scared to call it out, they are paralyzed with fear.

I told the story where a Blended was giving a conference and looked down from the podium and started querying a 'local church brother' about his relations with his wife. Unbeknownst to the Blended, the brother's wife had left him. The brother sat there red-faced, while the Blended went on. Nobody in the meeting said anything. (several hundred were present) But if you say anything to the Blendeds about their family life? Forget it! No chance.

What rules is fear. They say there's no hierarchy but some get to 'call out' others without reciprocity. And everyone knows it.