Thread: Out of Egypt
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #33
TLFisher

Default Re: Out of Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Even though Drake feebly denies this, for decades I regularly heard disparaging comments about the whole of Christianity from WL himself, the Blendeds, and the rank and file who were taught this. The "low gospel" was regularly applied to the rest of Christianity, and the high gospel was attach only to those of us who were connected to Lee's ministry. Later on, as a diversionary tactic to the many voices who who called for a return to the narrow way of life, WL went a step further and began his "high peak" ministry. Those who bought in became convinced that they would "become G(g?)od."
Ohio's post and what UntoHim's comment regarding myself ("I think what Terry is referring to is the tangible effect the Gospel has on our behavior and attitude towards our fellow human beings (stated as "love, forgiveness, repentance, reconciliation") is spot on.
Key point to make regardless what scripture says, Witness Lee while alive, the blended brothers, and elders in each locality form LSM/LC public opinion and LSM/LC practices. If they condemn/speak harshly of brothers/sisters, that becomes a practice. If their behavior if one of forgiveness, love, reconciliation, etc then that becomes a LC practice. Frankly I haven't seen it and I haven't heard it in the times I've visited publicly and those whose homes I've visited privately. Only ones I've heard expressing love towards those who've left the LC fellowship are those who haven't been meeting in the Local Churches for a period of time as I witnessed in 2013.