Thread: Lee's Trinity
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #93
InChristAlone

Default Re: Lee's Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Colossians 2:9 "For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily".
Another version of Colossians 2:9: "For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily." I believe it is a more correct translation since it sounds the same in Greek and in my native language.

I checked out the commentaries of Blessed Theophylactus of Ochrid (ca . 1050/60-ca. 1108). (His commentaries are based on the commentaries of the early Christians). So, Blessed Theophylactus says that the verse means that Jesus Christ is Logos, deity dwells in Him, not just some power or energy. Christ is fully God and fully man.

May I use Google Translate?

"That is what God is - Word (Logos), in him dwelleth. But to hear the word "lives", you don't not think that He was under the influence of the prophets because God instills in those, according to the word: "I will dwell in them, and walk in them" (Cor.6 16), - so he added: "bodily", that is, that he - not some energy (power), but the essence of how to embody and constitute one hypostasis with perceived. Or, in the words of St. Cyril, so he lives as the soul in the body; and she dwells in the body significantly, inseparably and without confusion. But the soul separates from the body at death. The Logos (Word) is never separated from the resurrected flesh and in the tomb was with it, keeping it from corruption, and in hell was with the soul, proclaiming and giving liberty to the captives, and all the unity of body and soul was and when they split during His voluntary death."

God bless.