View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #22
Raptor

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
In other words, I need to get out of my mind and into my spirit. Correct? Sounds familiar....
Yes, it sounds familiar, it's all over the Bible, e.g. John 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. Rev. 1:10 I was in spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,..Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Quote:
The same goes with an undisciplined spiritual life. If you continue to tap into the spiritual realm through practice at will and not by God's grace through faith eventually you'll develop bad doctrine and thru that, spiritual illness.
Good habits and practices build up a disciplined spiritual life (and human life, family life, work life, school life, business life, married life, etc). Everything in the christian life should be by God's grace through faith. Romans 14:23 ...for all that is not out of faith is sin." That is why I tap into the spiritual realm to eat and drink Jesus out of faith and by God's grace and mercy, keeping me healthy.

Quote:
Faith is the Christian's so called work. It's not a spiritual ritual or work of the flesh like meditation, pray-reading, yoga, or chanting. It's faith. That's it. The rest Jesus will provide.
There are countless christian works, Eph. 1:20, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." The Old Testament saints meditated on God's word, law, precepts, etc, hundreds of times. Praying is not of the flesh, per se, neither is reading the Bible (Rom. 14:23), they are basic christian practices. "Eastern" or "hindu" type of meditation, yoga, and chanting are not part of the christian faith and practice.

Quote:
"Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. "
Exactly. Praise the Son of Man for the food He gives us everyday! Thank you Lord for giving me food to eat today, You are my true food and true drink today!

Quote:
All that to say before you order from the dessert menu, you need to first order a healthy entrée. This is where the real nourishment is found.
Exactly. That's why I eat Christ and His word, both are really healthy, and very nourishing entrées. Indeed, I have found Him as the real nourishment, He is the true bread, and we all have been given to drink one Spirit!.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote