View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 03:33 AM   #5960
Ohio

Default Re: what is in an L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Question is who is objecting to transparency?
In the same breath I say I want Trump's tax returns disclosed, I want the same from every Senator and House Rep. Of course that cannot happen. Remember the phrase "cover the brothers"? Same applies to those practicing graft while a public servant.
I agree with you on transparancy.

When it comes to personal tax returns, however, I think of how Romney was smeared in 2012 by the media for his taxes. His taxes were clean, but as a successful investor, the media smeared Romney's success for evil. The IRS obviously can scrutinize their taxes via audits, and that should be sufficient. Both Clinton and Obama both used the power of the IRS to attack their enemies. That provides me with enough "transparency."

I prefer a Candidate who could "buy" the presidency than one who would "sell" it, as bad as that sounds. In other words, the power of the presidency is far more dangerous in the hands of a "community organizer" with no accomplishments, than a seasoned and successful entrepreneurial CEO, whose goal was to "give back" to his country in the sunset of his life.

Compare Trump to Obama or the Clinton's. They used their great power for personal gains. They left office with a stack of IOU's. They peddled their influence. Clinton's even rented out the Lincoln bedroom! Does anyone think that Joe Biden and family were unique in this regard? Obama left his 450K per year job at the Whit House and somehow had amassed millions. I want to see his taxes! Supposedly the Clinton's left office broke, yet quickly were worth close to a billion. How does the math work here?