View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #239
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

The world is run by idols. NFL -- idols. Hollywood -- idols. Money -- graven image / idol. Etc.

A weak brother may be very sensitive to this fact and think that any minor issue could be equivalent to idol worship. Therefore it is the responsibility of those "stronger in the faith" to not stumble these ones.

Likewise, if you say that Witness Lee is the MOTA it can be construed by some to be "another Christ". Not by you, not by Drake, but as you have heard the various testimonies of Awareness, Zeek and others their has been the distinct impression that what we say, what we teach, etc is not to just magnify Christ but also to magnify WL. That can offend and stumble some.

When I was in the LRC I ignored this talk. Even though I was in Houston and then in Irving with Ray Graver who was the most vocal and most frank in his fealty to Witness Lee as the MOTA, my attitude was that as long as it isn't in print I can ignore it because this is just the opinion of one brother. I can "agree to disagree". No one asked me to sign a loyalty pledge. I was never required to "pledge allegiance" to Witness Lee. And there was nothing in print saying Witness Lee was "unique" or the one that God gave the vision to particularly to deliver to us, and the one through whom God would carry out His plan.

But that is no longer the case. It is in print. Brothers were required to sign a loyalty pledge. Brothers were excommunicated for failing to pledge allegiance. Hence Paul's word "take heed lest this liberty of yours become a stumbling block". I had the liberty to ignore this right up until I learned that some were being stumbled. Then it became something I was required to take heed to.