View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #16
Jo S

Default Re: Latter Rain, Kingdom Now, & the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Perhaps you could specify how many "I's" you would like me to use in my post, so I can get the balance of personal/impersonal right? How many ? 10, 20? 1? Unless you are willing to consult scholarly sources then aren't you just being willfully ignorant? I don't call that being "taught by Christ" I call that willful ignorance. By definition: Willful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict one's inner model of reality. So the "Christ" that you say is teaching you is probably just your own inner model of reality. Instead, Christ's teaching comes by improving our own inner models of reality with external evidence. This is why God gifted the church with teachers, and to say "Christ should be your only teacher" is also to deny the role of parents as teachers in a family.
Christ commands us Christians to only call him teacher (Matthew 23:8)

Also, God through David says in Psalms 146:3;

"Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save"

Therefore calling Christ my only teacher and final authority on truth is scripture.

Aren't you a Christian? I'm not looking for your "I's" or anyone else's "I's". What has Christ revealed to you personally from scripture? Can't you just speak the truth for once?
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote