View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 06:16 AM   #356
aron

Default Re: Praise/Worship Songs! Turn Up Your Speakers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I found it interesting that the devil twisted that passage from Psalm 91 to tempt Jesus in the wilderness. And, that Jesus rejects tempting the Lord his God and doesn’t go along with the devil’s suggestion, showing he trusted the Father and fulfilled the whole Psalm (which is about trusting God in all circumstances).
The devil twisted the passage because he was weak - he lost the divine protection and care by his disobedience, and now he tried to get Jesus the man (hungry after 40 days of fasting) to make a move.

Jesus didn't move. "Thy (the Father) word I (the Christ) have hid in my heart, that I (the Christ) might not sin against Thee (the Father)". The relation of the Son to the Father is seen again, and again. Out of the storehouse of treasure in his heart, Jesus spoke the word back to the devil and sent him away. He didn't sin.

In prophetic scripture, the Father promises, and provides, and the Son obeys, and believes, and is rewarded. This is called "the faith of Christ". It is not OUR faith IN Christ but HIS faith IN us. Sorry for the all caps but it's critical to see. Otherwise we erringly focus on ourselves and not on him. It is the faith of Christ, not the faith of the believer. It is his faith. This is why the scripture is key to understand the NT. Look at how the NT uses the OT. Where does Paul or Jesus or Peter call the OT "fallen human concepts"? Nowhere, is where.

Quote:
Can you summarize how the law, gospels, Acts, and Revelation fit in the Trinity theme too?
The law: God promised another Prophet, like Moses. We need to hear him. People were waiting for that Prophet in the gospels. They asked John the Baptist, "Are you the Prophet?" In Acts, when they accused Stephen of overturning Moses, he said that their fathers were disobedient to Moses.

Acts 7:35 “This is the same Moses they had rejected with the words, ‘Who made you ruler and judge?’ He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush.

36 He led them out of Egypt and performed wonders and signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the wilderness.

37 “This is the Moses who told the Israelites, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your own people.’ 38 He was in the assembly in the wilderness, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our ancestors; and he received living words to pass on to us.

39 “But our ancestors refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt."

Jesus is the Word that comes forth from God. All things come into being through him. Only he can supplant Moses. The NT argument was, "If you listened to Moses, you would obey Jesus, because Moses said "A prophet God will raise up like me; you must hear him". Deuteronomy 18:15-19

Quote:
Anyone else have an artist with songs that help bring the awesomeness/truth of God’s word into your life to share with us?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bqEVZcUZ4

They do a lot of songs from the epistle to the Romans. Group is called "Romans cycle" and they have a CD out.