View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 06:00 AM   #361
Ohio

Default Re: Virgin Birth questioned: the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Luke admits he is not an eye-witness and doesn't tell us where the story came from. For his gospel it would pretty much have to be Mary, but he never states that it is. There is no record of Jesus commenting on the virgin birth that I am aware of. Do you know of any?
In the temple story (Luke 2.49) Jesus states to Mary and Joseph that He knew who His real Father was. This rebuts Thiest's claim that Jesus was just a normal guy until His baptism. In the book of John, Jesus repeatedly refers to His Father in a personal way. Here are some clips from chapter 8 ...
Quote:
16 But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me.

I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me. 19 So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.

41The Jews said to Him, We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God. 42 Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.

53 “Surely You are not greater than our father Abraham, who died? The prophets died too; whom do You make Yourself out to be? 54 Jesus answered, If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; 55 and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:
Since questions about Jesus' birth had hit the streets of Jerusalem, the Jews here subtly accused Jesus of being born in fornication. Jesus never referred them to Joseph, nor to his birth certificate at the Bethlehem county courthouse, but made it abundantly clear who His real Father was.

When they asked him who He made himself out to be, He then answered "I am." Jesus made it plain as day that He was Jehovah standing in front of them.