Thread: Fellowship
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
Only by Grace

Default Re: Fellowship

Quote:
1) Do you fellowship with Christians in your community?
Yes, but I'm fairly new to my community, so I mainly fellowship with those in my local congregation.

Quote:
2) Are you involved in home group fellowships?
Yes, a women's Bible study in my home.

Quote:
3) Do you go to 'church'? If you do, are you an active participant?
Yes...I attend a local congregation of around 100 believers which has been established for 75+ years, I believe.
Quote:
Is it a non-denominational church or a main stream denominational church?
A currently non-denominational group with historic congregational roots of a denomination which has a well worn motto: we're not the only Christians but we're "Christians only"...(and some think the LC might have had a market on that motto! Not so!) At any rate, I think the history of the group who originally housed the building started off years ago denominational-based (but an "independent" denomination), but the current group has evolved over the years to be grace-based, Christ centered, Bible teaching, communion taking, believer-immersion baptising, hymn & praise and worship singing, guitar playing, pastor preaching, elder-led, congregation. No connections to a headquarters or anything.

Quote:
4) Do you fellowship with LSMrs' or LCrs?
Just via the internet and this website.

Quote:
5) Aside from the Holy Word of God, the Bible, whose writings do you read?
Currently on my nightstand: The Life You've Always Wanted (a book on spiritual disciplines by John Ortberg), Trusting in the Names of God (a study on the various "names" of God, such as Jehovah Jireh, etc.), and a re-read of Knowing God by Packer. Oh...and, I read occassional Christian fiction and pretty much anything by John Grisham...

Quote:
6) Do you listen to Christian CD teachings? Christian radio?
No...only very rarely...once in awhile a radio program if I'm driving a long time.

Quote:
7) Do you watch Christian TV?
Nope. Although, years ago I would occassinally catch a Billy Graham crusade when on TV. Can't help it...I love the guy and love watching the Lord stir hearts through the simple gospel message given by a man with the gift of evengelism.

Quote:
If so, who are your favorite preachers/teachers?
No TV...but radio...I used to enjoy Greg Laurie and Chuck Swindoll when I commuted a lot.

Quote:
8) What kind of Christian music do you listen to ? Any favorites?
My favorite is worship and contemporary take on old hymns. Fernando Ortega's music always takes me to a place of worship. One of my favorite contemporary songs is "Who am I?" by Casting Crowns. Favorite hymn: It is well with my soul.