Thread: Fellowship
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
Hope

Default Re: Fellowship

Dear Saints,

Here is my information.

1) Do you fellowship with Christians in your community?

We have neighbors, friends, and clients who are believers in Christ Jesus and we pursue fellowship with them whenever and in whatever setting we find ourselves. Just yesterday, in my office, after we discussed the difficulties of the current investment environment, I and a client couple shared the Lord with one another and nearly came to tears. It really is very easy to see Christ in other believers. The Body of Christ is a reality and He speaks through His members. I try to listen up.

2) Are you involved in home group fellowships?

Part of my assembly life occurs in homes at least three times a week.

3) Do you go to 'church'?
If you do, are you an active participant?

I do not prefer the term "go to church." I do assemble in church as the following, Acts 11:26, And it came about that for an entire year they assembled themselves in the church, and taught considerable numbers; and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Is it a non-denominational church or a main stream denominational church?

It is neither but only believers meeting in the name of the Lord, open to all the Lord's children without any requirements other than our common faith. We do endeavor to keep the oneness of the Spirit. We are not affliated with any network or headquarters but do have contact with dear believers, assemblies and various christian works through out the country and in many countries.

4) Do you fellowship with LSMrs' or LCrs?

At this time I am anathema to the LSM and official LCrs. Some declared I was the leader of the rebellion in the Southeast. HO, HO, HO what a joke. I am willing to fellowship with any believer and leave it up to their own conscience if they want to make WL an issue. I will not join in that debate.

5) Aside from the Holy Word of God, the Bible, whose writings do you read?

I only read here and there. I read this week the biography of Josh Hamilton, Beyond Belief. The Bible is just about 98% of my reading.

6) Do you listen to Christian CD teachings? Christian radio?

I seldom listen to CD teachings but I do from time to time. I do not listen to Christian radio.

7) Do you watch Christian TV?

I do not watch Christian TV.

If so, who are your favorite preachers/teachers?

8) What kind of Christian music do you listen to ? Any favorites?[/QUOTE]

For my personal listening I prefer praise and worship music and Christian anthem hymns.

We have four hymn books in our meetings. They cover quite a spectrum. We should utilize all kinds of songs written by the believers. I like Rev 14:1-4, "And I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth." NASB

We need all kinds of words, expression, and all kinds of music. Sometimes the Spirit would lead us to use a hymn that is like loud thunder or rushing waters but other times sometime gentle like harpers harping.

A believer in Christ Jesus who is seeking to be a true disciple,

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote