Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #441
Paul Cox

Look what's happening folks. Since the introduction and over stressing the matter of idolatry, the thread has become, "yes it is,"

"no it's not,"

"yes it is,"

"no it's not"

What's the point? I thought we were making headway before. Can we just let the matter of idolatry and demon possession step to the background, and let every person be persuaded in their own mind?

I hate to see people saying they are stepping out of the discussion because it has become a tug of war over something that is so open to subjective interpretation.

If you want to talk about doctrine of demons influencing the church, there is no end. I'll give you one example. There is nothing more demonic than lesbian-led, radical feminism. It is a worldly movement being headed up by a small group of men-hating lesbian women who, for the most part, were hurt by a man, or some men, at some point in their lives. Christians who have been influenced by this doctrine of demons, to one degree or another, will see gender issues in every verse of the Bible, just the way Witness Lee saw “church-life” in every verse of the Bible.

Another example is the prosperity gospel that has swept the Church. Where did that inclination come from? Yet, you see preachers on the television every day finding “prosperity” in every verse of the Bible.

We might thump our Bibles and openly declare that this is of demons; at first I did. But, there are hundreds of thousands of genuine seekers who are just coming to the Lord through this preaching. Many of them really see the Lord providing them with just the right amount of money in an unexpected check to keep their lights on as the gentle care of the Father. Would we blow them away by saying: "Doctrine of Demons"

These are just two examples. There are too many to mention. These things have all infiltrated the Church (the Church at large), to some degree or another. If all Christians were to get into a discussion about what is, or isn't idolatry, based on their own subjective interpretation, we would all become bogged down in endless finger pointing.

The thread is about spiritual abuse. Most of us can agree that the problem stems from the leadership and their improper view of Witness Lee. Whether or not that is idolatry, obviously most of us can't agree. So how will this discussion, as it has developed, help those who are standing by trying to figure out what's going on with them? And with most of those Local Church lurkers standing by, the last thing that is going to persuade them is telling them that they are steeped in idolatry.

Roger

Last edited by Paul Cox; 08-22-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Paul Cox is offline   Reply With Quote