Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #323
blessD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I do believe it's fair to say that the more the leaders in a LC were "program zealots," the more their families suffered. OKC appeared to be the worst. My place also had a reputation in the GLA for being perhaps the most "absolute." That has never brought us the "promised blessing," rather much suffering to the families.

I am not so sure that "lessons were learned" in OKC, rather than the "chief zealot" has passed away.

Amen to the burden to pray for our families!
We sort of moved on since this post, but I have been in work meetings and working and was not able to respond till now.

Yes, maybe some change was brought about by the passing of a zealot. However, my parents, a couple of my 9 siblings, and my 20 year old daughter still go to meetings in OKC. At least in this one area, the failures seemed to cause the most change. The extreme divorce rate and hurt children did make an impression. It is more common for the young people in OKC to be individuals with their own mind (including who they marry).

Note: My family, including my daughter, and I decided a long time ago we would stay off the subject of the local church around each other - too many people in the family felt too strongly one way or another about it. This has worked pretty well for us - we have more love towards each other than ever before. I thought I would share this in case anyone else on these posts deals with a family where some members are still involved and some wouldn't touch foot on the property. I know some feel strongly about helping others get out of the system there, I'd rather have love and peace.
blessD is offline   Reply With Quote