View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #31
OBW

Default Re: The Sin of Noah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
OBW, where do you get that I am continuing to say that something proves deputy authority?
I did not say that you supported Deputy Authority. I said that you repeated the presumption that Noah being naked and drink in his own tent was a sin. And without that sin, there isn't even a basis for one of the strongest tenets of DA.

If we refuse them the idea that there was a sin in Noah that warranted covering, then the idea that we have to cover a sinning DA can't be derived from this story.

I would never accuse you of supporting DA. I did note that you were continuing to call Noah's actions a sin.

Ohio also pointed out that cursing Canaan may have been a sin. And that is possibly true. But it is not the "sin" that the other brothers covered, but was the action of lashing out against the one who exposed a so-called deputy authority. As I see it, DA cannot be derived from this story even if you accept that an unexplained OT story could be the basis for a NT doctrine not otherwise spelled out (and contrary to principles otherwise clearly laid out).
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote