View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
TLFisher

Default Re: Witness Lee's failures a blessing in disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I realize that our failure to stand up to the wrong was not simply a failure. We were sell-conditioned to believe that there were spiritual things at issue in all of it. Especially in the outward things.
I see otherwise. The doctrine of authority and submission was there to keep us in check. The doctrine has been abused in the local churches to silence any who might question. To question is received as a rebellious attribute. In effect we were conditioned to fear man instead of fearing God. At what loss is the fear of man? To lose fellowship? To lose social acquaintances?
That is one of my regrets. Remaining silent when I should have spoken up. Moving to the Puget Sound region in the spring of 1993, there was still much talk of "the rebellious ones". However I had been oriented in The Fermentation of the Present Rebellion and Reconsideration of the Vision. I was in the opinion, the so-called rebellion was a farce. There was no rebellion, yet I remained silent out of Authority and Submission doctrine (which I now see as a doctrine of partiality).
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote