View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #98
aron

Default Re: The Psalms are the word of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
So then, if I understand correctly, the only way Psalm 1 can fit with the rest of the Bible is if it is specifically referring to Christ.

1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

"The way of the righteous" would have to refer to Jesus who said "I am the way". This would have to refer to the way of the cross.
I think you are certainly closer than WL was. Look also at "fruit"(v.3): his footnote said that this referred only to material blessings and was vain. Again, he ignores the many NT references to "fruit" (gospels, epistles, and Revelation), which are spiritually oriented. A connection seemingly never occurs to him: I think because it would upset his whole premise.