View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #42
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Jeremiah 23:33-38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
A more accurate statement would have been to say that Witness Lee stated he has the oracle (little "o") of God or that what he spoke is God's oracle.
"A more accurate statement"? If all you know about Witness Lee and what he is what you read in books then you better leave such things to those of us who know what we're talking about. I won't use the rest of your quote because...well because it makes you sound foolish. You sound like a 3rd grader who is using advanced mathematical and physics terms to convince a group of graduate students that he really knows what Stephen Hawking meant to say. Cassidy, you sound like a kid who is pretty bright and has read all the books but never went to lab class. You know the atomic number of the elements but you're clueless as to how they actually function and interact with each other.

During Lee's earlier ministry, and through the 70s, he rarely touched upon this matter of "apostles", much less that there is one leading apostle in any given age. During one of the depositions in one of those books (Godmen or Mindbenders) one of the attorneys flat out asked Lee if he considered himself an apostle. He gave some typically Lee, mealy mouthed, shuck and jive non-answer to a straight forward question. His answer (really non answer) was something like "we don't use this term apostle". At the time I remember reading this and being confused why Witness Lee didn't boldly proclaim something that we all knew...He was the ONE apostle on earth. I think many of us figured his attorney told him not to admit this to the other side. But he was right, we didn't use this term apostle (much less the one apostle), in fact Lee discouraged the use of this term.

It was only when Ingalls et al back in the late 80s, when Lee really began to do a lot of pushing and shoving, and proclaiming his apostolic authority, that he spilled the beans and proclaimed that he was the only person on earth speaking for God since 1945. We can pull out the quote if you need us to.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote