View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #70
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Jacob Howard: O Lord Three Times - The False Gospel of Witness Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
I'm glad to hear that Trapped! I would image that the practice does vary from region to region/locality to locality. My understanding is that the full-timers/serving ones are also instructed not to mention the name "Brother Lee" to new ones at the start of recruitment. Of course the very first "real" Local Church meeting they go to they will hear that name big time, and see his name on every book, etc.

I can tell you that the things that Jacob has posted were absolutely practiced in the Local Churches in So.Calif in the 70s and 80s at just about every one of the hundreds of gospel meetings I attended. Witness Lee taught that simply calling on the Lord would get a person saved. This is what he taught and this is what we practiced for many years.
-
Okay, and are we talking about calling on the Lord as "Oh Lord" or "Oh Lord Jesus, come into me"? Or do you see them as the exact same thing? Calling on the name of the Lord to be saved is scriptural, plain and simple, right? (and, of course, we're not talking about the "Oh Looord Jeezus" chanting thing, as has been often pointed out)

And yes, belief must be there, but doesn't the Spirit supply even that to the person?