View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #446
Cal

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Whether the Blended brothers have been commissioned to care for the Lord’s recovery and the ministry of that commission is not our decision.

Yet, one thing I’m sure of.. you are not.
Ha! That is the most obtuse piece of reasoning I've ever heard.

It assumes that there is something called "the Lord's Recovery" for which God has commissioned caretakers. Those are two assumptions which are not supportable in reality. First, "the Lord's Recovery" is not biblical, so whether it exists is pure conjecture. Second, since it is not biblical, is it absurd to talk about who God has commissioned to care for it. That's like talking about who God has commissioned to care for Neverland.

So what you are saying is there is this fanciful thing called "the Lord's Recovery" for which we cannot say who has been commissioned caretakers? So, I'll bite, how do we know who the caretakers are? Let me guess, they will tell us.

Hooboy!

I may not a caretaker of the "Lord's Recovery," but I wouldn't want to be because the thing does not exist. I am, however, humbly, a caretaker of the Church. We all are supposed to be. And I for one plan to do my job. In the meantime, "the Lord's Recovery" can go to hell.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote