View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #235
Ohio

Default Re: Excellent Polemic on "The One Publication"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
It's a very powerful thought-control programme; people who feel the first adrenaline rush of being loved, needed, wanted, of having all the answers at hand, need to be warned what it's like once you get inside. You literally lose the ability to think. Everything becomes conditioned response. The "One Publication" edict is an initial attempt, post-Lee, to intimidate any who might presume to use their God-given mental faculties.
The One Publication Bull was also used as the latest purging mechanism for all their adherents. Even though thousands of precious saints departed, they successfully used this purge to eliminate perceived rivals like DYL and TC.

LC history has long been filled with these "storms," or as TC would call them periods of "self-destruction." There was a time when I considered every storm was an attack by God's enemy. Later I felt that we were our own worst enemy, and like TC that we had serious internal issues which caused our somewhat regular "self-destruct" events.

Now I see the LC's following the same Exclusive Brethren pattern of "purging." Leadership would make unsavory decisions, offensive to most, apparently just to see who would stick it out to the end. They manufactured a crisis where none existed. Draw a line in the sand, and force everyone to choose sides. Think back to every other storm -- some notable leader(s) would be forced out. Whether TA Sparks, Max et.al., Ingalls, Mallon, So, Dong, Chu, the "storm" was manufactured to purge apparent rivals, just like what the Exclusive Brethren have done.