View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
aron

Default Re: How to rescue those still in LCs in Korea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubei View Post
I'm a mid-aged Korean brother who used to post here about 10 years ago.. I started my LC life in Seoul about 30 years ago when I was a college student, and was one of leading young brothers among college students. I kept serving my Lord with secular job, but I'd witnessed a lot of negative things happening in the LCs in Korea, and finally stopped my LC life due to a very weird incident that I think was from my Lord about 6 years ago. I've just enjoyed reading the Bible, praying only with my family since then.

Recently.. I found the situation of the LCs in Korea have gone from bad to worse, with serious leadership chaos and without the Lord's blessing, proven by the fact that the # of meeting attendants keep decreasing.. is any good way to rescue some brothers and sisters who I guess by now feel bad for the LCs unreasonable and unbiblical practice..
My advice would be: first, you can only minister what you have. They already know the condition of the LC; what are you going to present them as an alternative? One of the worst things the LC leadership did was quench the seeking spirit. The “church life” and the “ministry” were supposedly one-stop shopping; or “all-inclusive”.

Jesus taught, “Seek and ye shall find”; that has never been more important than today. LC leaders convinced the saints, “There is nothing out there” for them. So even if the current status is poor, they are kept in immobility, and passivity. You need to present them with a fresh breeze of the Spirit of God.

So if you're desperately seeking Him with your whole heart/soul/strength, then you have his promise that the finding will follow. The LC song, “We have ended our search” was a dead-end. Literally.
Quote:
O home in the church,
Where we’ve ended our search
With the brothers rejoicing all day;
Where Christ is our life,
And we’re through with all strife,
Now we’re home, hallelujah, to stay!

Home, home in the church;
Yes, it’s here that we’ve ended our search;
And through all our days
We will shout to His praise,
“Hallelujah for Christ and the church!”
The Christian life is a seeking life. Don’t quit till it’s over.

Second, and related, you have a specific role to play in God’s kingdom. You alone are ‘you’. There is no other. In God’s wisdom, you have a job to do. Minister to others, LC and not, in the sphere of that specific job. “Do business until I come”; only you can do the ‘business’ in your hands.