Thread: OBW's Blog
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #32
YP0534

Default Re: OBW's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
When we look at the general workings of a meeting from back in the 70s, it was new and fresh. And although it may never have been THE WAY, it was quite attractive.

Then the New Way made it less atractive, and then it became a thoroughly entrenched form that didn't even resemble the one that we had in the 70s that might have been worth keeping.

But those meetings where one person shared provided a way for those whose gift/charge was teaching to provide what the rest of us needs. The only problem is whether what is being taught is worthy of the time allotted. I have great respect for the diligence and care provided by those whose daily toil is in the Word.
The meetings in mutuality are the perfect form, as far as I can see. The older form with a designated leader were still pretty close as there was still much freedom for mutual sharing. To encourage more mutuality by moving the top one down a notch was just fine in my view. It's hard to break that habit and to not have it be a habit in the first place. We must all labor daily in the Word.

But what I understand these meetings have become is a shell, form over substance. I cannot testify myself about that. I can only see what they say about themselves that corresponds with that impression.

But there are many of us who remember a mutuality which was spontaneous and not organized. I testify that I have seen God in such meetings.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote