View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #14
OnHisPath

Default Re: I've been reading for about 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
When I left the LC about ten years ago, I became keenly aware of how abusive the program and its leaders were towards their members. I saw this on all levels, finally concluding that there were serious systemic issues. This saying kept ringing in my ears, "the program produces bullies out of beloved brothers."
Like you, we are all recovering "judgaholics." Sometimes posting on this forum with current LC members I suffer a relapse.
Ohio, the experiences you've shared here have given me evidence to go along with my misgivings about the LC. I saw a lot of ministry serving behavior (at the expense of individuals) displayed, but I initially found this forum after hearing about the rift in the Midwest and taking to google. I remember being so shocked, and also feeling a bit vindicated that all the hypocrisy and oppression I "felt" from the ministry was indeed manifest. Almost as shocking was the way it was kept quiet and hushed in most other parts of the country. Anything to cover the "brothers".

Like you, I have to guard against my natural propensity for judgement and bitterness being turned on members of the LC.
OnHisPath is offline   Reply With Quote