View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
ABrotherinFaith

Default Re: I can't be the only one...

I know there must be other current members here, but since they haven't responded yet, do any of you have friends or family still in that you still talk to about these things? Are there any that are sympathetic to the views here or are they all in? Most of the people I know are all in; there are a few that have problems. I am still in the LC because I don't have any sense to leave. I do have the sense to speak out, and I have. So have others I know. I am learning how to do it. Confrontation doesn't work. Gentleness doesn't either. Reading a verse, reading verses WITHOUT going to footnotes does help. Reading whole chapters straight through, whole books without stopping helps. I have found that a lot of LCers aren't used to verses in context and haven't seen the broad picture as the Word presents itself.

I remember someone once telling me how women are saved by child birth. They stopped there. I finished the verse for them...assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty. They were surprised. They had never heard that part. That line, apparently left out of whatever way they had encountered the verse, made all the difference.

How does everyone here handle conversations such as we have when talking with LCers?

And lurkers, if you're out there, speak up! I would love to hear from you.
ABrotherinFaith is offline   Reply With Quote