View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #61
bearbear

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
It is all how you handle turmoils. Do you extend grace to brothers and sisters or do you regard them with persona non grata?
You forgive! and you pray! Jesus taught us to forgive and love our enemies because that's the only way to stop the cycle of violence. Brother's and sisters love to fight and tear each other apart but we often forget that our war is not against flesh and blood but against the powers and principalities in the air. Prayer is the only way to fight it-- and other fruits of the Spirit as well such as mercy, grace, love and forgiveness.

Violence begets more violence. Strife begets more strife. Think Romeo and Juliet's families. The only way to break the cycle is to love your enemy. Jesus is called the Prince of Peace for a good reason!

The only case I can see for excommunication is if they are involved in gross sin in which they need to removed until they repent for their soul's sake (from my point of view, when their salvation is in danger because they are practicing works of the flesh such as sexual immorality per Galatians 5:19-21), or they are purposely sowing division, as I believe Apostle Paul taught.

1 Corinthians 5:5
you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
bearbear is offline   Reply With Quote