View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Evaluation of Elders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Unto, it was vaguely brought out in the previous post. Ok, I'll elaborate further.

A prior church I met with within the last 5 years, a brother I'm acquainted with became a deacon. Knowing the background of the family life, I wondered about the decision makin process. Was it due to satisfying the assembly's procedure in becoming a deacon or was it due being discipled directly by the assemblies' elder/pastor?

As for the Matthew 18:16 example, if you're an elder brought into the situation as a witness and either the offended or offender is a fellow elder, there could perceived conflict of interest in regard impartiality versus personal favoritism.

I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of His chosen angels, to maintain these principles without bias, doing nothing in a spirit of partiality.1 Timothy 5:21

Do you follow through as a witness or being aware of your own partiaity, you step aside in support of someone unbiased?
Unbiased or clueless? If I read you correctly a decision was made which you feel offends your conscience, but that is only because you know the family situation. Does knowing the family situation make you a compromised witness? No, you have witnesses who have witnessed something.

You don't recuse a witness because they might be "biased". You examine their testimony.
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote