View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #59
ABrotherinFaith

Default Re: Jeremiah 23:33-38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Personal preference of ministry (even if you call it God's leading) doesn't excuse uplifting one ministry over another or separating yourself from other Christians over it. ...
I don't buy the special calling argument at all.
Exactly. Special calling, perhaps. Paul had one to the Gentiles, although I doubt he thumbed his nose at a Jew or a Christian who hadn't been brought to the Lord by Paul, if he met one on the road. Paul was stronger in his faith (Galatians) than Peter (at least at that moment), who had walked with the Lord, yet in his opposing him to his face he didn't then turn and tell the believers that his (Paul's) ministry was superior to Peter's or the other disciples'. Nor did he say they no longer had the oracle. Yes, Cassidy, Paul, vindicated his ministry, but is was never at the expense of other true believers, it was because of those who sought to undermine the truth. He was never dismissive of other Christians.

The oracle of God may be with one man for a moment, that's no reason to follow THE MAN. The man is simply the conduit, the mouthpiece. In Paul's letters, in Peter's, in the Acts, I can't recall anyone disparaging Christianity at large the way the LC does. I think this is a direct result of WL claiming to the THE MOTA, to being THE ONE with the oracle.

"We are not a new denomination. Neither are we a new sect, a new movement, or a new organization. We are not here to join a certain sect or form our own sect. Other than having a special calling and commission from God, there would be no need for us to exist independently. The reason we are here is that God has given us a special calling."

Cassidy, your quote, I heard that again again today at the meeting. "We are not a movement. We are not a movement within Christianity." Are "we" outside Christianity? In your opinion? What are "we?"
ABrotherinFaith is offline   Reply With Quote