View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #138
Evangelical

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Seriously?

We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the Lord our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God. (Jeremiah 3:25)

No dispute?

And I myself will fight against you with an outstretched hand and with a strong arm, even in anger, and in fury, and in great wrath. Jeremiah 21:5

Do I really need to go on?

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Sounds like a dispute.

14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Yep, that is a dispute.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

This is Drake's point -- if you accept that the "Ground of the Church" is "the vision of the age" then you can also accept that WL is the MOTA, if you don't accept the first premise then obviously you won't accept the second.

Which is why I left the LRC, though I would compare it to Sardis and Laodicea.
There is obviously a relationship between the ground/vision and the minister.

Suppose a person said "I accept that we are saved by faith alone, but I think Luther was a heretic, and Calvin", and all the other reformers from which the specific terminology of "faith alone" came. Anyone who says "I am saved by faith alone" is really propagating Luther and Calvin's ministry. No one was speaking like that before Calvin/Luther but everyone speaks like that today because of them.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote