Thread: Smoking Gun?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #130
Evangelical

Default Re: Smoking Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
I don't think your statement about "Most of (Western) Christianity thinks we are only adopted sons of God." is correct though there may not be any real statistics to prove. But at least most can read the plain fact stated in 1 John 3:1 (NIV) See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

I totally agree with Unregistered. There is a fine line between "son of God" and "God but not in godhead". Putting emphasis on the later can cause lots of trouble. As an example, in the recent training outlines (ITERO Autumn 2017, Leipzig, Germany), there was a statement like:

I F 2: Even the three persons of the Godhead are for the divine purpose of having the church to fulfill God’s eternal plan through the dispensing of God in His Divine Trinity into humanity so that the church may come into existence

It shows the fine line has been crossed.
I think you've touched on another matter which is that most of Christianity believes that only the Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, is in their heart and not the Father and the Son as well.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote