View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #40
aron

Default Re: Smoking Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Aron>"Sorry that my citation lacked the rigour you require."

This isn't about me, Aron.

Why did you elect to use "quotes" about something Brother Lee supposedly said when you had no reference? Yet, you knew while doing it that you also were quoting another unsubstantiated statement but you presented it here as if it were fact.

Frankly, Aron, I am very concerned that a brother would do such a thing to anyone much more that a brother would do that to another brother. We are not worldly people like those who create fake news about something the president said when he did not.. You are a brother, I am a brother, and Witness Lee is a brother. Or do you not also see it that way?

Look, I am not saying we cannot or should not disagree. Nor am I saying we should not disagree sharply. I am saying that the integrity of your argument matters, else where is your testimony? Don't make stuff up. Don't say Witness Lee said this or that when he did not. Can you not find enough substantive material to disagree with in the thousands of messages readily available online and searchable with key phrases at lsm.org? Or is there no "smoking gun" there and therefore you use resort to fake news out of some obscure place in China?

Exactly, what do you hope to gain by doing that?

Drake
I have read "China's Christian Millions" by Tony Lambert. But when I tried to cite it on Google books, it gave me only snippet views.

Same thing with "Redeemed by Fire" by Xi Lian and "A New History of Christianity in China" by Daniel H. Bays.

And I don't see you or anyone going through them, point-by-point, and discrediting them, so I'll assume they have some value in current discourse.

I read that the LSM operatives flooded the Chinese countryside with millions of tracts. Slogans like "The age of the word is over, it is the age of the Spirit". Sorry if I don't have sound recordings and video recordings. I gave you one quote by William Bennett who seemed to have more than a passing interest & abilities. The man evidently read Chinese and had hold of some documents. But no go, huh? Okay. Fine.

But do you think LSM/lc operatives would use tracts and slogans that were not approved by HQ? Doubtful. Tight operational control is the watchword, there. I was in the system and I know. People don't ad-lib much under Witness Lee. We were told to be "tape recorders" in the training sessions. The RecV footnotes in Revelations 2 and 3 say that every lc has to be "absolutely identical" with "no differences whatsoever". So when a tract got sent out, it was approved and even directed by HQ. This I believe.

So, sorry again for the lack of rigour. I was in the system, and know it as: Provoke and deny. Equivocate it away.

I notice you don't answer my questions about "good building material". Did you ever hear that phrase in the LSM/lc? And if so, where is it in a written speech by Witness Lee? And if not, why not? And what is the biblical basis?

And, how do we know that Witness Lee was a "spiritual giant"? Did you also hear that phrase? Where is it printed, then? What objective basis do we have? 200 books by a man who owned his own printing presses? Messages given? Churches started? Acolytes? We could call any number of Christian leaders or pseudo-Christian leaders "great" on any objective measure.

This shows me that not everything spoken from the podium got printed. So, sorry.