View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #9
Ohio

Default Re: Request granted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
In the study on Hebrews 13:17 you wrote:

"God intentionally structured the church environment NOT to have the same kind of authority structure as other realms of life, but not because he wanted chaos or rebellion. It is because he wants for each of us to come into a fully obedient walk with Him in proper coordination with all of our brothers and sisters in Christ."

In the LC church it was the opposite. The LC leadership demanded more authority than family, government, or job. You weren't supposed to get a job, move, or get married apart from "fellowship" from the "brothers". Thankfully, we were allowed to decide what to eat for lunch! But beyond that we were tightly controlled.
Especially during the "new way" nonsense of the 80's, the LC's operated like the Chinese military machinery with Lee as Commander-in-Chief, and his son Phillip as Field Marshall Rommel. Talk about an abuse of authority!

In the wake of the LCM, we must address certain issues which were used by Nee, Lee, and Blended We to lord it over us. The chief of these teachings was their so-called Deputy Authority, which was loosely based on a twisted understanding of Hebrews 13.17. Hopefully we can have some further discussions using "Genuine Spiritual Authority" by David Dyer.

I entered the LC's at a time when the freedoms of the Spirit still were enjoyed, at least in greater Ohio. Things quickly changed over time, however, with regional leaders like Titus Chu continually assuaging our consciences that "all was well with Lee." By that time we were all basically numb to abuse. For me personally, it was actually my reading of Matt's mother's book Thread of Gold which first signaled me, "Houston, we got a problem," a very serious problem indeed.