Thread: ZNP Blog -
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 09:49 PM   #9
JJ

Default Re: The mystery of God's will

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
The question recently is why would it be God's will for us to have experienced the ministry of Witness Lee? Many of us including myself believe that the "Ground of Oneness" doctrine is an error, that the MOTA doctrine is an error, that the deification doctrine is an error, and that the one publication edict is an error.

The excommunications, public ridicule, and lasciviousness of the leaders of LSM are contrary to the word, yet the word also says "all things work together for good to those that love God and are called according to purpose". It also says "give thanks for all things". It is hard to "give thanks" unless we understand how this works out for good, and that part of God's will may be a mystery to us. Hence, "the mystery of God's will".

There are a couple of verses concerning God's will that are plain and clear:
1. God desires all men to be saved and come to the full knowledge of the truth
2. It is God's will that we give thanks in all things
3. It is God's will that we are sanctified.
4. It is God's will that we silence ignorant talk by doing good.

But, in my opinion, no verse reveals the mystery of God's will more than Ephesians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies.
Great thread start ZNP.

Item 1 helps explain my LC experience for sure.

I was saved and came to know many partial truths in the LC (mostly because I spent a lot of time reading the Bible, and learned an appreciation for the Holy Spirit’s guidance) but needed to leave to continue on the path to full knowledge of the truth.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote