View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: My story and a plead for your insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasinee View Post
..We started meeting by ourselves, without any name, label, or leader. We just loved Jesus, and devoted our lives to Him. Still, some among us were not really satisfied. We were constantly looking for more, for something deeper...
Boy, does this sound familiar to many of us....sounds like the atmosphere among many young Christians in Southern California in the late 1960s to early-mid 1970s. We just loved Jesus and desired to devote out lives to Him. I know, because I was one of these young Christians in So. Calif at the time. It was an exciting and wild time. This era is known colloquially as "The Jesus Movement". It seemed that God was on the move and their was revival in the air. Yet some among us were not really satisfied....or so we thought.

Around this time, there were also some people who took advantage of this exciting and wild time, and also took advantage of the flock. Witness Lee was such a man. There were others, but he is the one we are most familiar with. It is very important to understand the main reason(s) why these men were able to come in capture the innocent, gullible sheep, and draw them away to themselves. Pardon my frankness, but I must tell you that one reason was "we just loved Jesus". We loved Him, but we did not know Him very well, and His Word even less. Our faith and knowledge was "a mile wide and an inch deep". We were as those described in the Parable of the Sower: "Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away." (Matt 13:5,6)

Many young people found themselves "looking for more, for something deeper", and the newfangled and seemingly uber spiritual teachings and practices of the Local Church of Witness Lee fit the bill. If our faith and knowledge was a mile wide and an inch deep, the teachings and practices in the Local Church seemed to be a mile deep (yet unknown to us, probably just an inch wide!) In any case, hundreds upon hundreds of young people were drawn into the Movement. The rest, as the saying goes, is history. Much of this history - the good, the bad and the ugly is recorded on this very forum.

Sorry for such a long post...by the way...WELCOME TO LOCALCHURCHDISCUSSIONS! We look forward to your valuable participation.

Quote:
Can you please honestly answer this questions:
1. What is really this 'ground of unity'? Biblically? Is it physical position? How can I be sure that I am standing there?
2. How can I please Jesus?
3. How can I enjoy Jesus?
4. Is it possible to be full of joy and peace outside of this LCM?
5. How can I biblically refute their expectations of me?

I think I know some of the answers, but I need your confirmation..
Great questions! I've already taken too much of your time here for now. I'll let some others jump in and give you some input. Again, welcome to the forum.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote