View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 06:12 AM   #109
Drake

Default Re: LSM/Blended Brothers Take Over of Mansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
It was a mid-west problem. That did not make any of it right. As I said, Christ was absent from all parties involved. LSM had no right to step in. Not unless LSM is the headquarters over all local churches, and autonomy of the locality was tossed out of the ground of the locality doctrine.

The whole thing smacks of "The Governing Body" over all of the Kingdom Halls. Same, same.
Awareness,

Since that is dog you brought to this fight then I am looking for consistency.

You are applying “a local matter”, a term normally reserved for the jurisdiction of a local church to a regional work. In so doing, you now have introduced a complication, where does a local matter end? Why not, then call anything in the USA a local matter... local to the country? Your objection was that coworkers who were “thousands” of miles away should not get involved because it is a local matter. I’ll agree with you there was a Midwest problem but I don’t agree with you that thousands of miles is too far and hundreds of miles are okay. Furthermore, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation had the base of operations in Cleveland not plundered and pillaged Mansfield and Columbus. Thankfully, someone heard the cry of precious saints, who decided to take a stand, who had given their lives and livelihoods to those churches. At least, to be consistent, I would have expected you to stand up and cheer them on for resisting the plundering and pillaging of their church.

So, how far is Kampala from Cleveland? A fair distance I think.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote