View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #63
Drake

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

LofT.

My answers provided in blue since you seem genuinely interested.

So by Chu being wrong, that doesn't make the LSM right - but that seems like your position here.

At one point I appreciated all the ministering brothers including Titus Chu.

I wonder if any that followed Chu thought that he was the next minister of this age - thus still in the recovery?

Ohio says Titus Chu is a "recognized apostle". According to the New Testament pattern an apostle is a gift to the Body. Anyone who holds that view of Titus should also be aligned with his ministry.

So to summarize the issues (please correct me)

- Nigel Tomes (who was appointed by Chu) also didn't like what the blended brothers were doing. What didn't Nigel like? Was Nigel a part of the church in mansfield?

Nigel is from Toronto. He represents Titus Chu on a variety of topics. As far as Brother Lee and the Lord's recovery he doesn't appear to like much.... he is like Ohio in that sense. So it is hard to know what he does like because he spends his days talking about what he doesn't like. In any case, I found his articles to be disingenuous, not logical, and really just hit pieces... and therefore I realized that Titus had changed and also the anointing I enjoyed from him and in his messages was not the same.

- He used church funds for a personal ministry against the will of the church body. How was he able to do this?

The proxy elders took over finances of the church in Mansfield and began to divert to Titus' ministry.

- Chu (acting alone?) appointed elders in the church against the will of the other members of the church

Right.

- Chu changed the locks on the church he administrated (I assume he administrated or else how would he change the locks?) No one could change the locks on one of my buildings without my permission...

The proxy elders had the locks changed. Titus did not live in Mansfield. He was in Cleveland. He sent a coworker from Detroit to inform the saints in Mansfield that 4 new elders are appointed and everyone must do as they say because they are the authority.

- Chu required a tithe to participate in the Lord's Table (not sure if this means the meeting or act of communion)

Read #117 for the complete criterion to partake of the Lord's table in Mansfield.

- He disparaged the blended brothers (and Lee) - about what and why does this matter?

Anyone can hold whatever opinion they like of anyone else. It becomes a problem when someone claims to represent a ministry, and be a part of it, but refuses to fellowship with others taking care of that ministry. As I said before, that is a non-starter for a ministry.

- Chu didn't seek fellowship from blended brothers (did he seek fellowship from those in the Mansfield church?)

Apparently neither.

- He was obligated (but declined) to seek advice and council (fellowship) from a group in Anaheim because that was a direct church plant of Witness Lee.

No. Not related to the church in Anaheim. The ministry is what is relevant here. Any and all of the serving brothers who are taking the lead in that ministry cannot be lone independent riders doing their own thing AND claim to represent that ministry. If they want to have their own ministry then they have that liberty before the Lord.... he just can't go around to churches in the Far East and other places claiming he is the continuation of the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. And if Titus refused to seek fellowship, and continue to do his own thing under the banner of the Lord's recovery then few choices remain. You have to inform all the churches who are taking this way that Titus is not a representative of the ministry he claims to be a part of and the things he is saying is causing problems even division. thus, the quarantine.

Ohio - is it true that Chu required saints to tithe? If so, what did that look like?

Ohio doesn't know. 10% minimum. Pay to play. See #117.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote