View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:21 AM   #45
awareness

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Bro awareness

During the dust up period in mid 2000s I was somewhat neutral and took a mental wait and see approach for the reasons I stated in my last post. I suppose I held out hope that the one accord would win the day including Brother Titus. For me, and later, the leaves changed color with a more careful review of the series of Nigel Tomes articles. I thought, you know, this is Titus’ representative... seriously? Yet, in a sense that was a significant step forward for me... kind of snapped me out of a false hope I was holding onto.

Drake
Thanks. That was nifty. False hope is never good, even when hoping for one accord.

A few days ago I called my JW friend about him being in a cult. He denies the JW's are a cult. I said, what about The Governing Body headquarters in New York, doesn't that make the JW's a cult?

I was thinking, of course, about the Anaheim headquarters in the local church. To me, both headquarters is what makes them both a cult. Earthly headquarters usurp the headship of Christ. Thereby producing a cult of authority.

So to me, the whole Titus Chu/Witness Lee/Blended Brothers power struggle smacks of usurpation of the headship of Christ, that was/is a competition of who runs the cult.

Maybe I was just naive back in the day, when I fell for Nee's and Lee's teaching of the autonomy of the locality. That would deal a big blow to any cult like organization. That idea was rejected by my JW friend, who justified the need for a headquarters, to get anything done. My response to him was, sounds like the church in Rome.

But bro Drake, do I detect a dodge in your response? You didn't tell me where you were located. Were you in Anaheim, or the Mid-West? or on the sidelines?

Thanks again for your kind response.

Harold