View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #114
TLFisher

Default Re: Signs of Decline in LSMs Recovery - Tomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
In the back of my mind, I could always tell that there was something not quite right about how LCers interacted with each other with respect to conflicts and conflict resolution. In fact, most of the conflicts that I observed were manifested as angry outbursts instead of being just a simple disagreement. Such outbursts occur because the LCM does not feel that the 'lesser' party should stand their ground, and "agreeing to disagree" is not viewed as an appropriate resolution. One side must "take the cross" which always ends up being the person who is not in an authority role.
That's usually how it works. The one in authority role almost never seeks reconciliation for their actions or their speaking. You or I as the non-authority ones would be expected to "take the cross". When you say taking the cross, it is usually intended to be "not making an issue".
I think the brothers could care less if the cross is taken or not. That's a matter between the individual and the Lord.
What the brothers really care about is "not making an issue". If there's an unresolved matter and a brother is exercised to use the prayer meeting or prophesying meeting as an opportunity to "tell it to the church", that's not the type of conflict resolution the brothers are willing to entertain.