View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #32
aron

Default Re: My story and a plead for your insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
What you refuse to acknowledge is the context for his refreshing experience.
surely I need to repent. Surely. Jesus taught, "Forgive us our trespasses..."; don't I need to apply this, and ask forgiveness? Nothing in Tasinee's point was lacking.

But where in that do we address the chaos that she saw in the LCM? Does it all just go away by calling "Oh Lord Jeeezus" a number of times? Or "aaaayyyemaeennnn..." a few times? Where is the refreshing, there? And the injustice stands? The wrong teachings remain wrong?

Nothing in Tasinee's experience was wrong, per se. But nothing in mine was addressed by Drake. Just avoided. "Call O Lord Jeeeezus". . .

When I came to the word, and saw Christ, as the writer of Hebrews did (2:9) and it was in texts which Lee panned as "fallen and natural", telling us all they were just the natural expression of the self-absorbed David and the erroneous compilers of the OT text, then I had a choice. Do I just call "O Lord" and go on, pretending I didn't see Jesus? Or do I say, like Luther, "Here I stand"? Clearly I took the second route. But nothing in my stand obviates seasons of refreshing. In fact it is a continuation.

But as Drake said, that is my opinion. He and the rest of the LCM have Lee's opinion. I don't have any problem with that.

And as I've said before, I do apologize, and repent, if the tenor of my posts was wrong. I am not perfect, nor do I presume perfect understanding. My spirit is probably not so pure. But I attempt, here, to point to the One who is. That is my stand.