View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #12
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Berkeley 74-76 My Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I remember once in my early days, when there was a meeting centered on the message of oneness. All the testimonies spoke of the oneness. I was completely infatuated, and excited, with all of those beaming brothers and sisters. I loved it a lot. I stood up and said something like, "Amen, oneness! Oneness with Christ! Oneness with Buddha! Oneness with Mary Baker Eddy!" To my surprise, I didn't get the amen's that I thought my testimony deserved. The meeting that was very loud and lively, froze in place, for a second our so, and then a chorus of "Oh Lord Jesuses" broke out.

I think that was my castration moment. The next day, an elder showed up, and wanted to go on a walk, where he set me straight, and spoke against the ones I thought we should be one with. He told me the LC was about following Christ, and the teachings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. At that point I hadn't heard of them. I then dove into their books. Those books were the beginning of my troubles.
Oh man! I wish there were videos we could piece together of all of those kinds of testimonies back then! We didn't know what we were saying at least half the time - what a great LC bloopers reel it would make! (Maybe we'll all sit in heaven watching these some day eating some popcorn.)
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote